?

Log in

Rabid fangirls and fanboys suck

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> previous 30 entries
> next 30 entries

September 2nd, 2008


resop
11:59 pm - A slightly annoying thing to me
One thing I notice when I go to Anime conventions is that a really high percentage of the people who are cosplaying are cosplaying characters from whatever show is currently being played on Cartoon Network (CN-osplayers?).

On the other hand, many of these people do an outstanding job with their costumes and presentations, and I suppose that there is a point to being assured that there will be other people there who are dressed as a different character from the same show that you are cosplaying from ...

However, when half the convention is dressed as a ninja or a death god, it does get a little annoying.

Craig

PS probably more annoying are people who cosplay video game characters at an Anime Convention :p

(13 comments | Leave a comment)

August 27th, 2008


ameban
12:15 am - A big truth?
Recentely somebody I  know told certain thing in certain's fandom comunity. What it was told is:


"Ok, all those stolen fanarts are really beautiful... but May we talk about this (series/episodie/characters/shipping) instead taking stolen fanarts and "Squeeee" speeches?"


I cannot help it was a big truth.

Of course it works different in every fandom and comunity, but it's a fact in many comunities, people only janks with "Squeee" speeches about this or that character, and take stolen fanarts (mostly from Japanese websites)--- and not says any important thing. Their speeches are just empty of any meaning and smart thought, and they only cares for taking fanarts instead using they own.

It gets my nerves. When somebody has a hobby, that somebody tries to share thoughts with others, not rambling empty thoughts.

Do you think so?
Current Location: mi casa, my home
Current Mood: contemplativecontemplative
Current Music: Enya-Tempus Vernum

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

August 17th, 2008


norikosama
03:01 pm - I'm not sure if this falls into the "rabid" category, but...
It does fall into the "this is slightly obnoxious and annoying" category.

Spoilers for Code Geass R2 episodes 13 and 19.

Click if you dare to be spoiler or know what I'm talking about.Collapse )

(2 comments | Leave a comment)

August 14th, 2008


thegamemistress
07:49 am - Rabid anti-fans suck
Hey, you -

Fine. You don't like Naruto. I can accept that.

However...

Not liking the series does not give you the right to go around the con hitting people with plungers just because they happen to be dressed up like someone from the show. I don't care if you are the "Narutard Hunter" - that sort of thing is unacceptable, and gets you reported to convention security.

Go to the dealer's room, get a bloody plushie, and stick that in the plunger, instead of going around doing something that could get you brought up on charges.

No love,

-Me
Current Mood: irritatedirritated

(28 comments | Leave a comment)

August 8th, 2008


wisteria233
12:37 pm - To the rabid first person shooter fans
You like to play FPS, well  good for you I don't like to play FPS that doesn't mean that I'm not gamer. You don't have to play an FPS to be considered a hardcore gamer. Not all good games, or hard games  for that matter are first person shooters. I like to play RPGs so what that doesn't make me any less of a gamer than you, so stop trying to shove your opinions down my throat. okay.

(4 comments | Leave a comment)

August 3rd, 2008


kittdawn
06:04 am - Anti-Agito x Yayoi Petition
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/anti-agito-x-yayoi-petition.html
""I sign this petition in the hopes that Oh! Great will change his mind in pairing up Yayoi with Agito. This pairing should not happen."


it amused me.
Current Mood: crankycranky

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

July 31st, 2008


kari_izumi
01:13 am - Short, but not sweet
Dear certain anti-Meg fan from the "As The World Turns" fandom:

Saying that you're a rabid, psychotic bint doesn't mean we're all Meg fans falling over ourselves because we can't stand hearing things we don't like. Yes, it sucks that your favorite character isn't a fan favorite and that some have taken to sending the actress horrible hate mail for it. Those fans make up a small percentage of those on the opposing position from you, and not everyone should be judge by the lunatic fringe. I certainly wouldn't judge Paul/Emily fans by your behavior.

Your batshit behavior clouds nearly every fucking thing you type, and they all say the same fucking shit over and over and over again like a broken record. Granted, TwoP isn't a home for those who love to gush endlessly without criticism, but no one wants to read the same vitroilc, hate-filled post and your moobat theories on Marie  Wilson sleeping though Hollywood to get work. It used to be funny two years ago, but you--like Meg and Paul--have become old meme and shit no one cares about.

I've never been so glad to use this particular icon.

(Leave a comment)

July 11th, 2008


kittdawn
11:53 pm - Rant on Fangirls
first off I did NOT type this
the girl who did type it gave me permission to post it, and said her rants are an Open Source. Ha!
she even had a antifangirls guild but got lazy lolers
xD to me this Rant is -hilarious sad funny- all at the same time.

EDIT jul 12
seems like everyone missed the point of the entry. its a RANT ON FANGIRLS
not Yaoi, or Homosexuality. which btw a dislike for fictional sexuality should not cause some kind of judgment on someone.
what is the Purpose of this LJ now if you cant rant about Fandoms?


Stupid ass yaoi fangirls. I'm not talking about the girl who likes yaoi. I'm talking about the girl who likes yaoi and feels the need to share it with the world. And I am not exaggerating here. This is the girl with yaoi all over her sig, in her post formats, in her profile, everywhere. This is the girl who ships two totally unrelated characters just because it's hot. Characters that are related, bitter enemies, or not even human. This is the 15-year-old girl who likes to watch anime guys fuck. This is also the girl who turns into a terrifyingly rabid beast any time you say something that sounds like it's criticizing her or her fandom. And beware, these beings travel in bands. you face one fangirl, you face all her friends. And these girls will pair up everyone and everything, regardless of whether or not it has parts. No series is safe. Let's see. Rule 34 should be amended.

Rule 34, corollary A: Everything is better with sodomy.
Rule 34, corollary B: If there are males there will be slash fanfiction.

And it's not just anime.

They've slashed Daffy Duck and Marvin the Martian. They've slashed Zim and Dib. They've slashed Sarge and Fillmore from Cars. They've slashed Nightmare and Siegfried from Soul Calibur. They've slashed Baraka and Kung Lao from Mortal Kombat. They've even slashed Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker. They've slashed Freddy and Jason.

THEY'VE SLASHED GEORGE W. BUSH AND DICK CHENEY.

And then they go and say it's canon.

The sig of one guy I ran across says "Remus x Sirius. Always Canon." Fuck you. Hell no it's not. If Remus was canonically paired with Sirius, why did he fall in love with TONKS, and get married to TONKS, and have sex with TONKS and have a son with TONKS.

The stuff that really disturbs me is pairing up adults with children. Not just teenagers. Fucking CHILDREN. It's creepy, it's sick, it's gross, and it's just plain wrong.

Orochimaru x Sasuke, for example.

And this is not helped by Orochimaru as a character. He looks like Michael Jackson and has that tongue thing going on. And Sasuke's what, twelve?

Augh.
Current Mood: cheerfulcheerful
Current Music: Vocaloids...their irritating robotic tones are soothing at times

(19 comments | Leave a comment)

June 29th, 2008


thegamemistress
08:33 am - Narutard shenanigans
While roaming the Dealers' Room at a convention I attended the past spring, I found a dealer who sold custom-made buttons.

I was happily picking some out when I heard someone saying loudly behind me, "These buttons that say, 'Believe it!' are illegal! They have to burn all of them! They should say, 'Dattebayo!'"

I turned around, to discover that the culprit was a youth in a Sound Village headband and street clothes.

*sighs* I like Naruto...but the stupidity of a large portion of the fanbase makes me want to scream.
Current Mood: irritatedirritated

(5 comments | Leave a comment)

May 17th, 2008


thedarkbliss66
11:13 am - Oh, Reaper Fandom
Reaper Fandom, how small you are, you crack me up. When you read this, you won't be able to turn away from the stupid. Wait until you read what some of the RABID ones think. Spoilers, sorta, not really.


Read more...Collapse )

Have you ever been in a Fandom that completely misses the point?

(Leave a comment)

March 16th, 2008


uknownprincess1
02:34 am
Millions of certain Disney fans out there:


(10 comments | Leave a comment)

February 25th, 2008


ameban
11:45 pm - No, I am not!
"Dear Fandom....


I sorry, I am sorry, I really, really sorry, but... I don't care about yaoi and Harry Potter, both. I don't give a d*anm about yaoi, and I don't give a d*+anm about Harry Potter, either.

Am I a bad fan because of that? Can I keep a rational conversation with somebody else about this and that without mentioning anything related with HP and/or yaoi, or they both? Can I speak about "fan-stuff" IN GENERAL, withouth speaking again and again about HP+yaoi, only?


I am really afraid I cannot do that.


---I'm done.
Current Location: my home
Current Music: Several AMV.

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

February 14th, 2008


mistress_kizuna
11:51 pm - Can we say LOL?
'Nuff said.

What's even more amusing (and also a bit sad) is how militant the OP is. So someone doesn't worship the altar of teh Holy R/Hr? Get the fuck over it; it's not the end of the universe, sweetie. 

Seriously though, the wankery of the Harry Potter fandom will never cease to bring me amusement. XD 

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

December 12th, 2007


miotas_sisceal
08:35 pm - A post about rabid fans of weight
KEEP SANTA FAT
http://keepsantafat.com/dnn/SignthePetition/tabid/54/Default.aspx

Santa is being forced to lose weight so kids will be inspired to lose weight. Now, last time I checked, a skinny person doesn't jiggle like a bowl full of jelly. Hell, I'm 140 pounds and I still don't jiggle like a bowl full of jelly.

When I think of Santa, I think of the jolly fat man portrayed in all my children's books, and all my chidren's tv shows. And the fact these people feel the need to change the weight of a fictional character flat out WORRIES me.

Parent's are so worried that Cookie Monster and Santa are making their kids fat. But THEY are the ones BUYING the food that makes their kids fat. All these rabid parents who don't know how to take care of their own freakin kids, worries me that when I have my own kids, who the heck am I gonna find stable minded enough to not brainwash my kids into being anorexic little string beans who are so afraid to be themselves that they won't know how to think beyond what the media tells them.

If people could just raise their own fu***** kids to eat right, make the right choices, and know real from imaginary, then maybe the world would be a whole lot better.
Current Mood: pissed offpissed off
Current Music: Walk like a Zombie ~ Horrorpops

(9 comments | Leave a comment)

November 23rd, 2007


cp_jacksparrow
02:30 pm - The Madness of the Pokemon Fandom
In the recent Pokemon D/P episode, a certain trade was made between certain trainers, along with some other factors as well.

Cue the rabid fans...Collapse )

(4 comments | Leave a comment)

November 16th, 2007


sarajayechan
07:40 pm - OH SNAP
WE'VE BEEN DISCOVERED GUYS =O

5/23/07 - I've been amused to discover, via Angelfire's traffic statistics, that some of my essays - especially this one - have been the topic of discussion on various LiveJournal communities over the years. (btw, "rabidfanssuck" seems kind of contradictory - people being rabid about how much they hate rabid fans? Whatever.) It's kind of entertaining, and a little gratifying, to see that my ramblings can still get people's undies in a bunch 4, 5, even 6 years after I wrote them. This is fine with me; my opinions are just that, opinions, and not gospel truth (most of the time, anyway ^___^) and people are free to disagree with me as much as they want. Not *to* me; I don't like arguing and if you try to pick an argument with me I will just ignore you because I have better things to do. I don't even mind the obscene name-calling (not too much, anyway) because if someone is stupid enough that they have to express themselves in those terms, then why should I take anything they say seriously? So discuss away, and I might come check it out sometime and have me a good laugh. Oh, and just to clarify something that a lot of people don't seem to get: Yes, I know about Haruka and Michiru. Yes, I know they're both women and that they're lovers, and this is fine with me. They aren't mentioned in this essay because, duh, it's about the DARK KINGDOM, and last I looked, H & M weren't part of the Dark Kingdom.
Current Mood: amusedamused

(6 comments | Leave a comment)

October 22nd, 2007


miotas_sisceal
07:00 pm - No, you aren't going to meet him and have his babies
I'm sure you've seen them, and I'm sure you've had the unfortunate pleasure of talking to one. Those girls who are convinced that if they try hard enough, their singing fandom will come to their house and ask them for their hand in marriage. My unfortunate acquantice believes this about Ville Valo.

Ahh... HIM fans... or better, Ville fans - because while they say how much they are madly in love HIM, I'm sure they don't know the name of their 'husband's drummer.

And then it happens. Ville comes out about his wife and you go mad becuase she's a gold digging whore who doesn't know Ville like you do. She's just using him like all the other girls who want him - but not you. You truly love him. You know him so well you can tell the medics his birthday and blood type. That's a sign - you're meant for each other. Becuase no one else visits the sites you do - not even the webmaster. Only you. You and Ville. And together you will tour the world and have many babies before finally settling down in Finland and growing old together.

- Signed,
Me
Current Mood: artisticartistic
Current Music: Tonight the Stars Revolt ~ PM5K

(9 comments | Leave a comment)

September 23rd, 2007


bloody_vixen
04:13 pm - *pokes community*
Warning the following statement contains spoiler to the current season of Avatar: the Last Airbender.

Dear Rabid Zutara Shippers...Collapse )

When will this shipper insanity end?
Current Mood: annoyedannoyed

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

August 7th, 2007


csl1
06:04 pm - Is The Simpsons anime? NO!
Dear anime fandom (Especially those often on the Adult Swim block):

Stop calling cartoon adult comedies like The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, and South Park anime. They are fucking cartoons, okay? There's a difference between cartoons and anime. Please look at the differences.

P.S., yes The Simpsons and South Park does not air on AS, but some people will say the same thing about them.

(10 comments | Leave a comment)

August 6th, 2007


kittdawn
09:52 am - "I'm not a fanboy, but your franchise sucks! ahahahha"
what is up with the jackass hypocrisy in Gaming?

there are people who bash on others for liking Halo and DOA, and saying that those are the only games Microsoft fanboys can like. even going on boards that have people who are fans of it, and just text bashing them.

there are people who have played neither of those games and basically go on to flame about how much they suck. not making their comments very valid or intelligent.
why is Microsoft not allowed to have their own franchise and satisfy their fans?

yet its perfectly fine for Playstation to have Metal Gear and Final Fantasy while Nintendo has Mario and Zelda.


each console and company has their own franchise or signature game that is used to their advantage.
xbox is known for shooters, playstation has RPG, and nintendo has its puzzles.
yet it seems that when each console tries to branch out of their usual categories and try to attract more people. Gaming Boys/Girls rile up against each other or go after the company they made themselves hate- or troll forums.

"ha ahahah this game is exclusive to playstation!"
various postings will say on xbox boards, and xbox gamers will have postings that show that they are "alright" with such decisions and wonder why the heck the person who posted is acting like such a fool.

if you dont own the console, you really shouldnt be saying anything about it. if you do not like it for your own personal reasons, i say keep it to yourself and enjoy the one you have.

i enjoy reading blogs and posting from people who proudly say they own all three consoles. they are very laid back and chuckle at the fan-ism of people. they have positive and negative reviews of the companies they support, they dont always stick to one game, they enjoy many.


in my opinion.
Gaming should not be this serious! you basically take the point of Gaming away when you rag on others or go out of your way to be mean spirited and one-sided. the genre isnt called Video Life-ing its called Video Game-ing! treat it as such.
Current Mood: disappointeddisappointed

(5 comments | Leave a comment)

August 4th, 2007


csl1
03:23 pm - Ugh. Rabid Sonic fans, and others stuff.

Sonic fanpeople. I hate do not like to be around many of them. The big deal is that I don't actually hate Sonic, but his Rabid fans of his are just tedious. The big point is that some of these fans are Mario haters, just because they like Sonic more. These Mario bashings are annoying to no end, I mean they're fan purists. Also centering around him are people who look at him like a god or something, and the multiple and senseless pairing communities and fandoms. Here's and example, that whould be shota pairings or crack pairings, that it's just most of them don't make sense. Next to that whould be very random Yaoi/Yuri pairings which most of them also do not make any sense. (Sorry homophobes. I'm not one of you.)

Also, next to that, I also like to say that I hate Harry Potter pairings. I mean is this what J.K. Rowling wanted to see? Potter Slash made by immature fangirls? Yuck. That is why is many other fandoms which is not related to Mario, Sonic, Doraemon, etc., I do not like pairings of them. Oh, so much nonsense it is.

Last, here is a 16th-17th century poet, yes, William Shakespeare. Some of his plays (Romeo and Juliet, for instance) are being raped by "Modern day fantards." I'm sure Shakespeare is lucky that he's not alive to see all this happening. Ugh...

Now that will be all of my rant onto rabid fans of not only the Sonic fandom, but some lititure related fan-fuckery.


(7 comments | Leave a comment)

July 11th, 2007


thegamemistress
08:12 am - It's all about ME!
I recently returned from a convention, and the self-centeredness of some of my fellow attendees just about turned my stomach.

There are other people in the hotel?Collapse )

*Your* deadlines don't matter! Only mine do!Collapse )
Current Mood: irritatedirritated

(1 comment | Leave a comment)

July 1st, 2007


lyricnonsense
12:35 am - General Anime Fandom Rant

Dear Fanboys* of the Anime Fandom,

Please stop treating me like a second class citizen for enjoying English dubbed anime. Just because I like the fact that I can watch anime without subtitles doesn't mean I'm less of a fan. Just because I don't cry bloody murder every frakking time an anime title is licensed by an American company doesn't mean I'm somehow less hardcore than you are.

Just because I don't feel the need to pepper my speech with phrases from a language I don't speak doesn't mean I love the genre less. So stop insinuating that I'm somehow less intelligent than you because I prefer to learn a foreign language other than Japanese. Liking English dubs doesn't mean I'm somehow stupid or too slow to read subtitles.

Oh, and don't even TRY the "I've been into anime longer than you, you AS-CN-Toonami fangirl!" attack. Some of us watched Grave of the Fireflies when it was first released in Asian theatres. Yes. I've been in the fandom that long and I STILL enjoy dubs. Try to wrap your mind around that and shut up until you figure it out.

And while I'm on the subject, Fandom, will you cool it with the wank? Stop acting as if Viz killed your mother every time they send out a C&D letter to fansub groups. Viz is doing their job, and if a fansub group decides it wants to tempt fate by continuing to sub a licensed show, they should be ready to face the music.

Sincerely trying not to beat the lot of you with a giant steel pipe,
me

*Note: "Fanboy" is not being used in the gender specific sense here, just the elitist otaku stereotype sense.


(15 comments | Leave a comment)

June 25th, 2007


raptorscribe
11:58 pm
Dear Transformers fandom:

You are not allowed to throw around the term "raping my childhood" again.

It's gotten old the first few hundred times you people have said it.

(4 comments | Leave a comment)

May 30th, 2007


csl1
05:48 pm - OMG, I AM IN LUV W/ LUIGI! Or, OMG, I HAET DAISY, N WANT KIL ART!
As an apology for my last entry about my fear of the classic Phantasy Star series being in ground from fandom retards, I want to show you something which makes me really annoyed about rabid fans. Pairings onto the fan and a videogame character which is completely fictional, and that person makes a fancharacter representing himself/herself. Not only that is bad, but also being a mary-sue/gary-stu about other character who are if possible compatible of loving him/her.

Here's one person who exists to do so.

http://lelestar.deviantart.com/

Another not to mention is that she claims to be Amy's sister. WTF?

(1 comment | Leave a comment)

csl1
03:40 pm - Phantasy Star vs. Fantards
Phantasy Star, the Sega original RPG game, developed by the Sonic Team. About this game is that I personally like the series. I'm very impressed with the storyline, and the game is as entertaining as most of the Final Fantasy series, yet I pretty much like Square-Enix's RPGs better, meaning I actually like Final Fantasy better. After going through some new stuff, I went through some new fandom. While the fandom of the Phantasy Star series is good enough, I'm not going out to the cesspool of it which will be teeming with fanboys and fangirls of other fandoms too in which they will tear apart. I'm sure if I get lost into a world of rabid fanpeople that tons of bad things will happen, since I seen fanpeople tear apart the Mario, Sonic, and misc. series. There are days I want to kill things because these annoying fans may have rammed in the Phantasy Star fandom, and may have though up delirious crap like slash fanfics, and hentai of this game series, which they will make it look like a messed up game series, like they did to Mario and Sonic's games. So right now, I'll be prepared for fanpeople who well eat this fandom up by numbers.

If I was ever to see my worst fears come true, may I be damned entirely, and we prove that fandom is hell. Here is why we have a community dedicated to things we "do not want", and things which go bump on the internet, or what we should say, the tubes.

If this is off-topic, then please have the right to delete this post.

(5 comments | Leave a comment)

May 7th, 2007


kefka_penguin
12:17 pm - Yeeeaaagh!
Yes, Fanbrats:

I am a frankly straight twentysomething-year-old male with a job who ships yaoi, reads Ouran High School Host Club and Fruits Basket and enjoys it.

There is nothing wrong with me and if you're going to state that, then I might as well start accusing you of being weird for reading shounen titles like Naruto and (sometimes) shipping het. Lay off.


Sorry to gripe about such a self-centered topic on my first rant,
kefka_penguin

(11 comments | Leave a comment)

April 22nd, 2007


resop
12:19 pm - Ripped from last weeks headlines
Wow.

Bollywood mania is running wild! Rabid fan tries to off herself because she was a "jilted lover".

But, was this sex on the asterial plane? And, could you get pregnant by it?
Current Mood: annoyedannoyed

(1 comment | Leave a comment)

April 3rd, 2007


bloody_vixen
08:59 pm - Andy Lau Fan Gone Nuts...
Extreme Rabid Fan
Other Links

Summary: Andy Lau's fanatic fan's father commits suicide after being driven bankrupt to fulfil daughter's obsession of the star.

I'm speechless. I've heard about the cases where parents spoil their children to the limits there (Little Emperor and Empress Syndrome) but this is ridiculous!

(8 comments | Leave a comment)

December 1st, 2006


theratwhispers
11:43 am - Super Stupid Supernatural fans
*whipes off dust*
This place is so very quiet.


More crazy Supernatural fans.

OMGZ! Supernatural is not realz!Collapse )


Sam Winchester is fake and made of wood because he has psychic powers and might be a demon child!!Collapse )

(4 comments | Leave a comment)

> previous 30 entries
> next 30 entries
> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com